A cradle is your cutie’s first real place for sleeping after being in your belly for 9 months. So, don’t settle for any cheap cradle that you come across. It has to be safe, sturdy, and most importantly, should be able to swing slowly to help your baby to sleep. But with so many brands out there, which are the best baby cradles in India?
I know it’s hard to pick one, especially when you have so many choices. But here’s the truth: not all cradles are created to be the same and not all are of supreme quality. I’ve been there in this situation when I gave birth to my son (Aryan). As a new parent, I got so confused and did my research for days to make sure that my baby got the best—and today, this blog is the outcome of that research.
I know many newbie parents will be in the same situation once I was. So, I’m going to explain to you which cradles you should go with. So, let’s get started.
10 Best Baby Cradles in India to Buy Online
Babies sleep better whenever we recreate an experience similar to that of a womb. So, this clearly explains why they enjoy a sleeping spot that’s snug, warm, gently moving, and slightly noisy.
Your arms create an ideal combination of all these—but you can’t do that all day, right? So, the best solution: rocking cradle, swing, hammock, or glider. These are a baby’s favoured location to have a nice nap than on a stationary bed or crib.
1. Baybee Day Dreams Cradle Cum Rocker with Mosquito Net
Baybee is a well known brand when it comes to cradles. Though they have a wide range of cradles to choose from, this one is EN 716 Certified (one of the most stringent certifications, which is defined by the European standards) to ensure that the cradle is safe for daily use.
The Wheels & Canopy is BPA free and made from eco-friendly materials to ensure safety as well hygiene. The frame is made of metal alloy. So, it’s super sturdy and durable. All the 4 wheels give you convenient mobility and help move the cradle with ease. But what actually grabs attention is its ability to transform into a rocking cradle just by rotating the wheels in an upward position.
My Verdict: This was the first cradle I got for my son (but in blue). The bed of the cradle is very spacious and its foam is nicely cushioned to ensure that your baby is comfortable and gets a cosy sleep. All the 4 four wheels come with a stopper to help keep the cradle stationary and locked at any time. So, without a doubt, this is one of the best cradles for babies in India.
2. Kidzy King Baby Hammock with Stand, Mosquito Net, and Spring SetKidzy King’s hammock is an excellent swing, which gives your baby the feeling as if he or she is inside your womb. It gives a nice up & down movement, creating an environment exactly how a pregnant mom walks. It gives your baby the feeling of flotation and suspension—which in turn, makes your munchkin feel comfortable and secure.
My Verdict: This cradle is truly an all-in-one value pack, which is designed by keeping all the safety measures in mind. The high-quality hammock stand is tested with 100kg load to ensure that it doesn’t break. So, be relieved mommies! It won’t make your baby feel suffocated and strangulated. The hammock’s front part is open whereas the sides and the top have netted material to ensure there’s ventilation of air.
3. Kiddery Lyra Baby Cradle with Bed Set, Wheels, and Mosquito NetEver wondered why babies sleep so much? Because that’s required for their brain development. Even research has proven that a well-rested baby is not just alert but also picks up social and cognitive cues.
And seeing all that, a brand like Kiddery has designed a cradle that’s not just stylish but also ensures that your little gets a nice sound sleep. It comes with a mosquito net and pillow to shield your baby from mosquitoes & insects. Both the swing-lock feature and the cradle’s frame assure extra safety. In fact, the cradle is designed in a way to be easily detached from the frame to clean it.
My Verdict: This cradle is ideal if you’re looking for something that establishes a consistent or routinely bedtime/nap time for your baby. Made with care and has undergone various quality checks prior to dispatch.
And, if your tot is going to have a little sister or brother soon, then this sippy cup can be converted into a nice infant bottle seamlessly by just swapping its spout for any of their natural silicone Vent Nipples™!
4. LuvLap Wooden Baby Cot with Mosquito Net & Swing (Cherry Red)Luvlap is a renowned brand. Their products are not just attractive and unique but also come into the stores after multiple safety testings. So, this baby cradle is no different. It is stylish, durable, and practical. It offers a gentle side-to-side rocking in order to ensure that your little one settles to a nice sleep soon.
My Verdict: Luvlap has been one of my favourite baby care brands. I love their sippy cups already and so do their cradles. I have always wooden cradles and cots. I got this one as a gift. So, I used to switch it in between for my son.
5. Comfort Store Baby Cradle, Cot, Crib, Rocker with Zipper Mosquito NetComfort Store is one of the registered brands in India. They are into babycare products for quite some time. Speaking of this particular cradle in specific, this is designed by keeping “Safety First” in mind. The cradle is strong, durable, and of high quality, as it’s made of metal pipes. So, it’s worth the money you put in.
My Verdict: This is certainly one of the best cradles in India and for valid reasons. It turns into a cot, a crib, a rocker, and a playpen. If you want it to be a cot, just turn the wheel rod downwards. If you want it to be a rocker, then just turn the wheel rod upwards and lock it. What else do you want?
6. Baybee Ga-Ga Wooden Baby Cradle with RockerThe list of best baby cradles in India is incomplete if I don’t mention a brand like “Baybee.” They manufacture a wide range of babycare products. But speaking of this cradle in specific, it’s truly one of a kind.
It’s a smart-folding crib/cot that comes with a soft mattress. It is designed by keeping safety standards in mind. It can be easily stored in a bag and can be carried around.
My Verdict: I love the fact that this cradle can be even used as a crib and a study table. That’s something interesting. The steel frame is lightweight and can be moved easily from one room to the other. The mattress is removable and machine-washable.
7. 132 Hanging Swing Baby Cradle with Mosquito Net, Spring, and Bedding SetIf you don’t want to invest in a cradle that’s too expensive then this product is for you. It is affordable and practical. The baby’s bed is detachable and comfortable. The adjustable pillows are attractive and can be used outside of the cradle too. The spring with sturdy hook enables gentle swinging action and lessens the peril of choking. Moreover, it’s easy to wash and maintain. So, totally worth it.
My Verdict: This cradle is for you if you are looking for something that’s lightweight, portable, high-quality, and yet budget-friendly. It’s easy to wash and maintain. The zip net closure protects from insects as well as allows proper air flow.
8. Little Chime Bed Cradle with Hanger, Spring, Mosquito net, and BedLittle chime’s baby cradle ideally bridges the transition from your tummy to a crib. The swing gives a womb-like experience, making the baby comfortable and at ease. The swinging sensations trigger a deep and instinctive relaxation, ensuring that the baby gets into a good sleep.
My Verdict: If you are looking for the best baby cradle swing in India that’s easy to use, carry, and yet of good quality, then this one serves right. The fabric is soft and breathable. But what I p[ersoanlly like is its curved line, giving the baby a good sleeping posture. It minimises pressure on the spine too.
9. Mothertouch Combi Cradle in Green with Mosquito NetCombi Cradle’s premium cradle is what you need if you are looking for something that’s comfortable and easy to use. The cradle is exclusively designed to be open on all sides so that your baby can breathe easily.
The bonus: it comes with a mosquito net to protect your little one from mosquitoes and other insects. The 2-side bearings provide gentle swinging motion. So, you don’t have to worry about those “sudden jerks” or “swinging noise.”
My Verdict: The cradle comes with a washable and removable foam. It is comfortable and convenient to use. It is compact and thus, can be easily stored. It can be easily carried. But what I like the most is its anti-slip leg, which gives a better grip.
10. Faburaa Foldable Cradle with Mosquito Net, Bedding, and Hanging AccessoriesLastly, on the list of best sippers of babies in India is from a renowned brand called “Tum Tum.” This sippy cup is exclusively designed to drink the fluid with ease. It’s travel-friendly too. Thanks to its weighted straw and flip top lid.
The nifty straw follows the fluid once the sipper is tipped up, ensuring that your kid is not sucking air. Also, it doesn’t have a valve—which means that your baby won’t have to suck too hard to release the fluid.
My Verdict: This product is practical, cheap, and yet of high quality. Strictly a no BS swinging cradle.
What is a Cradle?
Using a baby cradle is extremely important for your baby. One of the biggest advantages is that it gives the baby the same feeling of being rocked the same way as it was when he/she was in your belly.
Moreover, it also stimulates balance in your baby, which provides the right base for your baby’s motor skills in the future.
Not only does the baby cradle keep your baby relaxed and comfortable, but also provides new parents the relief from worrying if your baby rolls away while sleeping. This in turn turns out to be the best outlet for safety and protection.
3 Benefits of Using a Cradle for Your Baby
Here are some important advantages of using a cradle for your baby:
1. Gives a Womb Experience
While a huge part of your baby’s life resides within the walls of your belly, it has been proven that babies sleep better when you recreate experiences from the womb. It also explains why babies love sleeping in the company of silence and white noise, as well.
Most parents tend to cradle their baby in their arms, but the act of cradling is good for the baby when it is done at long intervals as they sleep. This doesn’t work for parents all the time, which is why investing in a cradle works best.
2. The Act of Balancing
While cradling does enhance your baby’s motor skills, it is best advised that you switch from dynamic movement to stationery movement from time to time, as well.
This helps your baby sleep in multiple different ways and makes it easy for your little one to adapt to different environments, as well.
3. Promotes Better Development
Cradling your baby definitely helps in stimulating the first few milestones of your baby’s life such as turning over to lie down on its chest, the first steps, and so on.
Whether you’re nursing your baby or simply carrying him/her in your arms, it also ensures that your baby remains calm and secured at all times, thereby making the development process easier.
What to Look for When Choosing a Baby Cradle?Here are a few factors to look for when choosing a cradle for your baby:
1. Make sure there are safety features
One of the main aspects of choosing a cradle is its safety feature. Be sure to buy a cradle that is certified by the international standards of safety so as to avoid any mishap during use.
2. Look for the bedding
Another main aspect that you need to consider while choosing a cradle is its bedding. The mattress should be quite firm and not soft or fluffy.
Choosing the latter may be comfortable for adults and not infants because of its sinking quality, which could later cause asphyxiation in babies. Moreover, choosing a firm cradle, with no gaps, works best for your child because it doesn’t hinder the sleep pattern of your baby while you cradle him/her.
3. Check the weight and age restrictions
Being one of the most essential safety standards, new parents need to look out for the age limit and the weight restrictions different types of cradles provide before making their final decision.
This being said, most parents often use cradles till the baby is at least 4-5 months old, as well.
4. See the lock and swing support
Since babies love to be rocked while they fall asleep, it is best recommended that you look for a cradle that comes with a gentle swing quality.
Nowadays there are cradles that come with an automatic cradle feature so that you can decide when you want to set the cradle time before it turns off on its own.
5. Ensure there is a mosquito net
Yes, one of the most common things that gets your baby agitated is the disturbance from external factors such as mosquitoes.
This being said, it is quite difficult for your baby to sleep peacefully with pesky insects around. Buying a cradle with a net that blocks out these pests definitely keeps your baby calm enough to get sound sleep
6. Read about the support structure
Sturdy cradles are definitely a must-have especially if you need to keep your baby secured at all times. For households that have pets, it is extremely important that your pet doesn’t tip the cradle over since pets do tend to get curious about hollow surfaces.
Checking the height of the cradle is also important so that it becomes more convenient for the parents to keep an eye on their little one.
7. Check for portability and ease of installation
With several types of cradles to choose from, it is also important that you check for the portability feature so that carrying your baby around without causing any disturbance won’t be much of a hassle.
Moreover, look for a cradle that is sturdy as well as lightweight, and ensure that you don’t have a lot of loose screws during installation.
Finding a cradle that is easy to install is definitely a good option so that you can definitely carry it around in case you are planning to shift to a new place.
Bassinet vs Crib vs Cradle: The Difference
|It is shaped like a basket and is often embedded with decorative components such as ruffles, a hood and cushioned sides.||A crib can be defined as the more developed version of the bassinet. It is used by babies of 6 months and above and comes in three different types-traditional, convertible and round.||A cradle can be defined as a cot that allows limited movement while your baby falls asleep. It is best suited for young babies below the age of 6 months.|
In conclusion, cradles are a great investment for your baby and serve its purpose extremely well. Moreover, it is ideal for your baby due to its compact design and accurate sturdiness with firm bedding, as well.
Hope you enjoyed going through the list of baby cradles, as much as I did while writing as usual 🙂 Let me know which turned out to be your best pick and how your baby is finding it to sleep in it.