Baby’s skin is super delicate and much more sensitive than yours. Moisturisers can do a lot of good in keeping him or her comfortable year-round. While baby lotions can be applied on their body, there are exclusively formulated creams just for the face. If that’s what you’re looking for, then you are at the right page, as I’m going to list you the best baby creams for face in India.
I know you could easily pick one from a hell lot of commercial products out there but you really need an expert to guide on picking the right product for your little one. So, say goodbye to forced recommendations from peers and close relatives. The onus is on the caretaker to choose the products that are hypoallergenic and yet that have enough cleansability.
Considering all of that, here’s a well-researched list of the best baby creams for face in India. These are picked based on their:
So, let’s get started.
10 Best Baby Creams for Face in India to Buy Online
The fragility of baby skin makes us want products that maintain the inherent acidic pH balance and moisture. It would be good to follow the manufacturer’s recommendation on the quantity and duration of use.
- Ethyl alcohol and phenoxyethanol
- Potent Antibacterial and antifungal activity
- Fragrances, colours, preservatives, and dyes
- Mineral Oil, sulphates, phthalates, Parabens, formaldehyde and dioxin
1. Mamaearth Milky Soft Natural Face Cream for Babies
Mamaearth’s milky soft face cream for babies is one of the best-selling products on Amazon. Moreover, it’s Amazon’s choice too. Interestingly, it has ranked first among other brands and has earned a reputed name in a short span. Be it baby powders, baby soaps, or any other babycare product for that matter, they have won millions of parents’ hearts and for good reasons.
So, their baby face cream is no different. It contains an emollient mixture of murumuru butter, milk proteins, and shea butter—an ideal triad to lock moisture for a longer time. Murumuru butter has a mild anti-inflammatory activity and the versatile texture never leaves any greasy or oily residue behind. Sunflower seed oil—another active ingredient incorporated in the mixture maintains the baby’s skin texture.
It is specially formulated with moisturisers to make the baby facial skin soft and healthy. Besides that, it has an ideal pH that’s non-irritating to the delicate baby skin. With regular use, it prevents skin dryness and eczema. Moreover, it’s free from harmful chemicals like paraben, sulfates, mineral oils, and phthalates. The best thing? It’s reasonably priced and Asia’s first MadeSafe-Certified brand.
My Verdict: Being a researcher myself, I do immense fact-finding on babycare products and that’s how I found that Mamaearth’s milky soft face cream has unequivocally emerged as the best face cream.
It has a delicate smell and a nice, creamy consistency. The milk extracts, murumuru butter, shea, and cocoa butter in it sets the product apart from the rest. Many reviewers have claimed the longevity of the product to be good and many of them consider it to be an all-season cream. The winter seasons cause more dryness in babies and this cream has been highly active in mitigating the symptoms.
2. The Moms Co. Baby Face Cream with Organic OilsYet another best baby face cream in India is from a renowned brand called “The Moms Co.” This cream deeply nourishes the skin. Thanks to its organic rice bran oil that’s packed with vitamin A, E, and F.
The moisturizing activity is also enhanced with the incorporation of organic shea butter, cocoa butter, and milk proteins (which is loaded with amino acids). Further, the apricot oil in it is what grabs my attention. It’s rare that you get to see brands using it. It is highly enriched with essential fatty acids and vitamin A, making it an ideal moisturiser together.
Lastly, it has jojoba oil, a light & non sticky ingredient that quickly acts on dry, chapped, and irritated skin. Thanks to its natural anti-inflammatory effects.
My Verdict: It is surprising how the manufacturer is thoughtful enough to include a wide range of natural components to develop an excellent baby face cream that plays multifactorial roles.
It has an orderly pH, maintains moisture for prolonged periods of time, mildly scented, and leaves no residues that may stimulate an allergic response. An international certification is an addendum to its list of advantages. Indeed, The Moms Co. Natural Baby Cream is a natural all-purpose baby facial cream.
3. Sebamed Baby Protective Facial CreamNext on the list of best baby creams in India is from Sebmed—a protective facial cream that’s internationally acclaimed and is manufactured in Germany. The moisturising complex is a befitting combination of squalene, hyaluronic acid and allantoin that traps the moisture content by forming a protective layer which can soothe and regenerate irritated skin.
It also aids in maintaining the acid mantle, a very vital property that balances the pH and prevents skin irritation.
Panthenol, vitamin E, and lipid compounds not just protects the skin against irritation but also enhances the healing potential.
Adding to this beautiful composition is Chamomile tea extract, which aids in antifungal activity. Plus, it’s non-oily and non-greasy. So, an ideal pick for your munchkin.
My Verdict: It is imperative to note that most facial creams should take care of the salivary rash, which is common after breastfeeding. And interestingly, this product addresses this problem due to its anti-irritation mixture.
The incorporation of allantoin & hyaluronic acid make it an excellent humectant and hydrates the skin without making it oily. I can really back any one buying this product because it’s safe and the scientific background of selection of the ingredients is very strong. So, go for it!
4. Himalaya Extra Soft & Gentle Baby Cream
Indian herbs are well admired for their healing properties. Ayurveda is now popular throughout the world and has most often left people astonished with its recovery speed. Speaking of Ayurveda and herbs, the brand that hits most of our minds would be “Himalaya.”
Interestingly, they are into baby care products too. Speaking of this baby cream in specific, the natural ingredients in it do a lot of good to the baby’s delicate skin. The dual moisturising combination—olive oil and licorice—ensures that the skin is soft and supple. The fighting potential of country mallow commonly (termed “Bala”) is remarkable. Also, it is free from all sorts of harsh chemicals.
My Verdict: With the influence of the west and the strong scientific evidence in favour of allopathic drugs, the alternative systems of Indian medicine has been on an eclipse. However it is reemerging as a phoenix. Thanks to Himalaya. It has taken the Indian plant wealth for its therapeutic potential and medicinal efficacy. I feel people should try out the Indian herb power. It’s indeed nature’s wealth for facial health.
5. Aveeno Pediatrician-Recommended Moisturising Baby CreamAveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream is a well-known product worldwide, which is a highly accepted, researched, and recommended product by pediatricians. Made of active natural colloidal oats, it helps in preventing and protecting the baby’s skin from dryness. It prevents chafed, chapped, or cracked skin.
It’s pivotal to include the fact that the ACTIVE NATURAL Oat Extracts contains oat kernels, which has 5 vital ingredients (proteins, lipids, enzymes, vitamins and antioxidants) that are ideal for maintaining healthy baby skin.
My Verdict: Aveeno baby soothing relief moisture cream is used widely among my hospital colleagues. They are highly satisfied by the product. But the only downside according to me is its higher quantity level. While other baby creams are available in smaller packs like 50ml and 60 ml, a bigger pack 227g doesn’t make it ideal if you want to do a trial & error.
6. Chicco Natural Sensation Face CreamChicco Natural sensation baby face cream contains natural moisturising active agents that promise to give a 24-hour emollient action. The product can be used right from birth and routine usage makes the baby’s delicate skin smooth and soft day by day. Its oil-free, glycerin-rich formula re-hydrates the skin deeply, without leaving any residues.
My Verdict: The product is made from ingredients that are of vegetarian origin. So, you can be relieved. It’s harmless to your baby’s skin. The fact that it retains moisture for 24 hours is an added advantage. The price could be an inhibition for many to use this.
7. Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Face CreamMother Sparsh natural baby face cream is framed with a blend of oils and herbs that deeply nourishes and hydrates the baby skin all day long. Wheat germ oil is enriched with Vitamin A, B and D, and works as a natural skin healer as it gets absorbed easily into the skin surfaces thereby moisturising it.
Coconut oil is not just rich in fatty acids & proteins but also protects as well as buffers the outer layers of the baby’s skin. On the other hand, Jojoba oil has a soothing and calming effect on the sensitive skin. It is potentially non-allergenic.
My Verdict: Mother Sparsh natural baby face cream has a texture that simply melts into baby’s face. The very fact that it has all natural products gives a reassurance for many parents. The scent of the facial cream doesn’t bother at all. So, without a doubt, this is one of the best baby creams for face in India.
8. Goodness.me Certified Organic Multi-Purpose Baby CreamThe company has aptly described its slogan, which says loud and clear:
Many baby skin problems, one solution.
Indeed goodness.me has the goodness of organic ingredients. Enriched with Chamomile, Aloe Vera, Glycerin, and Rose Water, this face cream has excellent water retention properties. It not only ensures hydration but also protects the skin against rashes, redness, minor cuts and skin inflammation. It also provides symptomatic relief from irritations such as itching and dryness.
My Verdict: You can blindly invest in this product, as it promises just goodness. No nasty chemicals. Moreover, it is accredited by a premier institute. The organic recipe has a gentle touch to the ever sensitive baby skin. I can rename it as Head to toe natural goodness healer and cleaner.
9. Lotus Herbals Baby+ Feathery Pecks Soft Baby CreamLotus Baby+ Crème has 2 main components—Calendula and Olive butter—which refreshes, hydrates, and smooths the baby skin. It is clinically tested and recommended by Pediatricians. A notable plus of this herbal cream is that it is preservative-free and maintains the acid mantle.
My Verdict: The presence of natural ingredients gives you an assurance that the product is a good choice. It is voguish—particularly because of the texture and aroma. Moreover, it’s non-greasy. So, totally worth it!
10. Azafran Organics Baby Nourishing CreamLastly, on the list of best baby creams for face in India is from Azafran Organics. Fortified with natural ingredients like olive oil, soya butter, and vegetable-derived squalene, this helps in a complete moisture lock. Using it daily gives a healthy look along with an intense miniaturisation. It is highly recommended for chapped, dry and irritated skin.
My Verdict: Made with vegetarian ingredients like olive oil, soya butter and squalene this facial cream is an ideal choice for a delicate baby face. The quality of this product is top notch and is popular among people who aren’t very keen on having too much smell.
Applying a moisturiser daily must be inculcated as a habit just like tooth brushing. It’s the number one key to healthy, smooth and glowing skin in babies. No matter what the season and skin type is, a good moisturising cream helps replenish hydration and acts as a barrier against dermatitis.
The products listed here are natural, which cause little harm and can be used without fear. But everyone has their own choices and preferences. Please voice your choices and suggestions in the comment box below and I will help you out.