It is common to see diaper rashes in the first few years of your baby’s life and you, as a parent, will be desperate to get rid of it. The good news? They can be healed, given that you use any of these best diaper rash creams in India for babies.
Before I list them to you, let’s quickly comprehend a few things about diaper rashes first.
Causes of Diaper Rashes in Babies
Diaper rashes are seen as red splotches on the baby’s bottom or as red scales in the genital area. Though diaper rashes occur due to the diapers itself (fragrances or chafing), they could be due to few other reasons too, which include:
- Using extremely tight diapers
- Using harsh laundry detergents
- Changes in the food pattern
- Retention of stool & urine for a longer time
- Introducing antibiotics or new foods to your child’s diet
While it is important to first assess and try to determine the cause, using a good diaper rash cream that contains Zinc oxide or Vaseline is ideal and helps heal them quickly. These components help form an impermeable barrier to prevent moisture contact with the skin.
The concentration of zinc oxide in a diaper rash cream should be anywhere from 10% to 40%.
No matter how often you change your baby’s diapers or how absorbent they are, you need to understand that your little one’s bums are super sensitive. And rashes can also occur when dampness stays in there for a long time.
Considering all of that, here’s a well-researched list of the best baby rash creams in India, which truly work. These are picked based on their:
- Healing potential
So, let’s get started.
10 Best Diaper Rash Creams in India to Buy Online
The moment you notice redness or inflammation on your baby’s bum, clean it water and soft cloth before applying any ointments or creams. The good thing about using diaper rash creams is that they contain components that reduce frictional irritation of the soar skin.
Open air exposure is also an effective acumen in healing acceleration. If there’s no response even after 2 – 3 days of application, you’ll have to visit a paediatrician for a possible topical antibacterial.Avoid diaper rash creams that contain any of these chemical components:
- Excess concentration of hydrocortisone
- Baking soda or boric-acid (in high concentrations)
1. The Moms Co. Baby Diaper Rash Cream
This is a high strength rash elimination cream, which is available over the counter as well as online. The manufacturer has blended 15% zinc oxide, natural oils, and butters to make it a potent healing mixture. The zinc oxide in it works by forming an impermeable barrier, shielding your baby’s delicate skin from irritants, acid, and moisture.
They have also carefully included Chamomile Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, and Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, which work in conjunction to increase the collagen production. Further, these moisturise the skin and reduce the chances of rashes. Most importantly, it is free from mineral oil, sulphates, parabens, DEA, TEA, synthetic fragrances, Phenoxyethanol, PEG, and other harmful chemicals.
My Verdict: I truly understand what a parent goes through after seeing those painful red rashes. Invariably, all of them want quick healing and predictable results. Moms Co is just the brand to choose. The formula is just right, has a pleasant scent, and acts on the rashes rapidly.
The ingredients in it are extremely gentle and formulated to be delicate on the sensitive skin. It heals severe inflammations and skin irritations. So, undoubtedly, this is one of the best diaper rash creams in India.
2. Himalaya Diaper Rash CreamHimalaya is a reputed brand, which is often admired for their herbal or Ayurvedic formulations. They have rocked the baby care world for years now. Be it baby face creams, baby oils, or baby lotions, they have always been the top choice of most Indian parents.
So, seeing them in the list of best diaper rash creams in India for babies was obvious. Speaking of it in specific, they have infused the cream with five-leaved chaste tree extracts, Aloe Vera, Almond oil, Vitamin A, and Natural Zinc. The chaste tree extracts is an excellent antimicrobial and helps relieve inflammation.
Further, natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Almond Oil, and Vitamin A shield your baby’s tender skin from infections. Apart from these, Zinc assists in recuperating your baby’s skin from rashes.
My Verdict: For any Indian parent, Himalaya isn’t a new name. Their products are always made of herbs, oils, and fruit extracts. This diaper rash cream is loaded with essential nutrients that work rigorously to ensure visible improvement in the skin’s health.
3. Sebamed Baby Diaper Rash CreamSebamed is a German product, which has earned a good reputation over the years in India. They are quite innovative when it comes to baby care products. One such example is their baby powder. So, it’s not surprising to see them in the top 3.
Speaking of diaper rash cream, Sebamed has introduced micronized titanium dioxide with a pH of 5.5 in it. This component claims to be more effective than its counterpart Zinc oxide. Titanium dioxide forms a protective barrier against aggressive substances and maintains the skin’s pH if elevated by occlusion and urine contact.
While the increased concentration of panthenol stimulates healing, other key components like natural beeswax, squalene, and sorbitol ensure optimal hydration of the baby’s skin. In addition, allantoin in it makes the skin smooth and supple.
My Verdict: This is an international product with a lot of research and development done before they could even launch it in the market. It is safe, tested, and effective. But I truly feel that the price is slightly on the higher side. But no doubt on the quality. It’s worth every penny.
4. Curatio B4 Nappi Cream for Babies
B4 Nappi cream comes packed with the goodness of Calendula oil, a natural ingredient that’s highly admired for its skin-healing abilities. Zinc oxide, on the other hand, creates an effective barrier in preventing moisture contact with the skin. It flaunts an excellent formulation with an aroma that isn’t overwhelming for the baby.
My Verdict: B4 Nappi cream is a popular choice among new parents because it is simple to use, inexpensive, and contains a solid percentage of Zinc oxide. It’s exclusively designed for newborn babies and is safe as well as gentle.
5. Cetaphil Baby Diaper Rash CreamCetaphil is an exogenous product manufactured in Germany. A rich and creamy formula, which is based on the tri-action protocol that helps soothe, repair, and protect your baby’s skin.
It’s packed with natural and organic ingredients like Chamomile, Sunflower seed oil, Soybean oil, and vitamin E, which are carefully selected to soothe the rashes from the first very use. The repair action also goes hand in hand. Shea butter is the moisture protectant agent added to this thoughtful combo. Well done, Cetaphil!
My Verdict: Cetaphil diaper rash cream comes with bioactive ingredients. The texture is non-greasy and non-sticky. It spreads out easily without leaving any residues. In fact, a little quantity goes a long way.
6. Mom & World Baby Diaper Rash Cream“Mom & World” is yet another brand that’s been positively rated on Amazon. It has a marvelous combination of natural ingredients, which are rightly blended to deliver the best healing results. The brand has described this product in three words—Natural, Quality, and Experience. And that’s so true!
This cream contains Zinc oxide and Vitamin E, which serves as a healing barrier. On the other hand, tea tree oil and beeswax have natural antibacterial properties. Further, the addition of shea butter, calendula oil, aloe vera, and lavender oil act as healing enhancers.
My Verdict: I’m really awestruck at how the brand was so mindful in combining so many natural ingredients that could create a gentle and breathable barrier on the baby’s skin and at the same time, be able to crack the code for a formulation that could prevent aggravation, chafing, bacterial growth, and infection. Though some users said that there’s a change in the skin tone (made it darker) after applying liberally, I feel it’s short-lived and there is nothing to worry about.
7. Mother Sparsh Plant-Based Diaper Rash CreamMother Sparsh’s diaper rash cream is yet another innovative product that’s worth mentioning. It contains shea butter, a highly nutritive skin nourishment fruit, which moisturises the skin deeply and ensures that it remains soft. On the other hand, calendula oil and coconut oil in it serve as a natural antimicrobial and work synergistically to reduce diaper rashes and redness.
My Verdict: For people who are obsessed with natural products, this is a good pick. The moment you open this jar, you’ll surely be mesmerised by its pleasant smell and its rich creamy consistency. Thanks to the natural oils and butters in it.
8. Softsens Baby Diaper Rash Cream
Softsens baby diaper rash cream is a mild yet effective formula, which gives instant relief. It’s ideal, safe, effective, and can be used regularly after every diaper change to help prevent diaper rash from occurring.
The cream is power packed with 6 natural skin superfoods—Shea butter, Kokum butter, Jojoba, Almond oil, Aloe vera juice, and Vitamin E, which aids in healing and protecting the baby’s sensitive skin. The addition of zinc oxide serves as a safe skin barrier and has an antiseptic action too.
My Verdict: This is an economical product available in the market. It is safe under the European standards. I like the types of natural ingredients used. These act fast and improve the healing process.
9. Lotus Herbals Baby+ Happy Bums Diaper Rash CrèmeNext on the list of best diaper rash creams for babies in India is none other than from “Lotus.” It cures diaper rashes and blisters effectively. When applied, it creates a thick, creamy, water-phobic layer to enhance the healing cascade. The cream fully normalises the wounded skin and helps in skin regeneration.
My Verdict: TThe product is safe, clinically tested, and natural. All these make it a good choice to try. It easily spreads and is effortless to wipe off.
10. Life & Pursuits Organic Diaper Rash CreamLastly on the list of best diaper rash creams in India is a brand called Life and Pursuits. This diaper rash cream is a certified organic product by NATRUE (Europe). It helps in eliminating pain, redness, and helps in deep moisturisation.
The pain relief feature is due to the ayurvedic ingredients in it. The cream also helps in soothing the affected skin regions, improving the overall skin texture, and further, making it soft and supple.
My Verdict:The response from customers who have used this product is mixed. But to my knowledge, the impressive addition of many organic products should play a good role in the healing mechanism and it may be used without any allay due to its European certification. So, go for it!
Diaper rash creams may be used without pediatric consultation. The right creams can provide symptomatic relief, given that you wash the region first before applying the cream and change the diapers often.
Consult a paediatrician immediately:
- If the rashes don’t heal even after 2-3 days of applying diaper rash creams
- If the rashes appear enlarged
- If the rashes begin to bleed or there’s little blood oozing from the affected region
- If fever is accompanied
- If there is a change in your baby’s routine urination & bowel movements
The products listed here are put up after deep research but you also need to understand that every baby’s skin is different. So, pick the one suiting the best. Please feel free to voice your choices and suggestions in the comments below.